Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Show & Tell: Desert Gold vs. Golden Diamond

'Show & Tell' is a weekly segment spotlighting one or more Avon products of my choice.

This week I will be comparing Avon's limited-edition GLOW eyeliner in Desert Gold and their Glimmersticks Diamonds eyeliner in Golden Diamond.  Both liners come functionally packaged in the same retractable, self-sharpening style as you can see in the pic below:

The color of the plastic packaging and the label/lettering are the only differences.  The actual product is even more similar:



Both liners are a pale yellow/golden base with gold microshimmer, which makes the liner pretty reflective although not totally metallic.  The Desert Gold (top) has a slightly creamier texture and is much easier to move (for blending, smudging, etc.) as you can see by the left sides of the swatches.

In my opinion, these liners are more suited for use as eyeshadow bases or highlighting the brow bone or tear duct than actually lining the eye.

I apologize for the 'blueness' of these pictures -- it's a cloudy day today. :)

All products mentioned, photos, and opinions described herein are my own.  I have not been paid or otherwise compensated for this post, and the products were purchased by me with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment