Saturday, December 22, 2012

Show & Tell: Mega Impact Eye Liners

'Show & Tell' is a weekly segment spotlighting one or more Avon products of my choice.

In my opinion, these eye liner pencils have THE BEST formula of all Avon's liners.  The color applies smooth and richly; a little goes a long way; it is blendable, and it dries to a smudge-resistant finish.  The only drawback to these babies is that they are in the traditional pencil form, which means sharpening a very soft product -- no easy task.

I have three of the currently available four shades, swatched here for your viewing pleasure.  The little "stick" poking up from each swatch is a single stroke of the pencil to show how creamy the color applies.  At the bottom I've smudged them out.

Black Flash has a small amount of multicolored shimmer which doesn't really translate to the eye. Extreme Cobalt is a beautiful true blue with teal green shimmer.  Golden Fawn is almost a taupey nude metallic shade with silver shimmer.  The only one I don't have is the chocolate shade, Brown Shimmer...which I am so tempted to pick up before Avon decides to randomly discontinue this line, as they sometimes tend to do.  Be on the lookout in February for four new shades of these!


All products mentioned, photos, and opinions described herein are my own.  I have not been paid or otherwise compensated for this post, and the products were purchased by me with my own money.

5 comments:

  1. here they are called Supershock's and I agree with you, they really feel and wear amazing. My favorite shade is Golden Fawn and second comes pinky nude shade Flash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to have the Supershock liners that you have, but Avon discontinued them and brought out these. They're a little different (and not quite as good in my opinion!) Recently, Avon re-released the Supershocks but reformulated somewhat. You still have the best version of the product! Flash sounds perfect for brightening the waterline!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, Flash could be awesome on waterline but it doesn't stick, I guess my waterline is too watery :( So I can only use it in my inner corners
      P.S. I noticed you haven't posted anything in a while are you tired of blogging or you are in some 'no spend' mission? ;)

      Delete
    3. I have similar waterline issues - good to know I'm not the only one! :D I'm not on a spending ban, but thank you for your concern. I've been mustering up a post addressing the reason for my absence and also some new product posts! Stay tuned and thank you for being so sweet to read and comment. :)

      Delete
    4. I can't wait read some new posts because I went through your old ones one more time to check if I missed something worth buying ;)

      Delete