Saturday, April 13, 2013

Avon Haul and First Impressions: Campaign 9 & 10

Note: I submit my Avon order every other campaign.  This means that I receive products from two campaigns at once, but half as often as the regular timetable.

The Take:


SuperExtend Infinitize Mascara in Black

This has been mentioned by others reviewing this mascara, and I totally second the sentiment: the brush is SCARY!  Large spikes near my eyes?  Eeek.  Application is a little tricky for this reason.  I find it very lengthening, although the claim about giving lashes a curl didn't hold true for me.  I'm not impressed with the volume or fullness I get, and a second coat results in very long lashes stuck to each other.

On the left is my bare eye, and on the right is one coat of Super Extend Infinitize.  Wear seems decent so far, with no smudging and a few fibery flakes after 8+ hours.  I will continue to give this mascara a full trial, but as of now nothing beats my SuperSHOCK MAX.

Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Sparkling Ruby


This isn't a new lipstick, but it's a first for me.  While I don't usually like sparkly or dark shades on my lips, I'm trying to find a red lip that I can be comfortable in.  This is a pretty, sheer but buildable red that will be nice for special occasions, and the sparkle adds a bit of interest.  (Edit: I will say that the sparkly glitter in this lipstick tends to get everywhere!  Not for kissing!)

i-Mark Wet/Dry Eyeshadows in Galactic and Chenille

These are the two shades I chose to replace the Covergirl ones in my Mark palette.  Both are swatched dry over bare skin.  Chenille is just as I thought it would be, a light, shimmery taupe color with a touch of gray.  However, Galactic is much duller than I thought it would be.  I was under the impression that it would be like a light, dusty blue rather than a cool, medium-toned gray.  Both apply just like they look in the pan, which is one of the great things about these shadows -- what you see is what you get! :)

Big Color Eye Pencil in Smoky Sage


Again, a small disappointment in the color department.  "Sage" implies a green shade to me, whereas this pencil comes off more silver-y (I guess that's the "smoky" part, lol).  It's very shimmery, almost metallic.  Application is smooth and blendable until it sets, with minimal creasing.  Love the formula of these eye pencils -- not to be confused with the greasy formula of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils.

Nailwear Pro+ in Honeydew

Oh my goodness...this polish is so gorgeous and unexpected!  It is a sheer, creamy pastel green (almost white) with champagne and green microshimmer.  Here is a perfect example of why I still take a chance on Avon's inaccurate color 'swatches' in the brochures and online: sometimes the product looks even better than I imagined!  My only complaint is that it needs at least three coats to be opaque.. and can be a little patchy even then.  The shimmer is subtle on the nail and looks very clean and fresh.

Mark Marrakesh EDT

Last but not least, check out this stunning bottle by Mark.  According to the box, the notes are (top to base): Saffron fusion, Neroli blossom, Crushed mint, Moroccan jasmine absolute, Cardamom, Wild figs, Violet leaf, Argan oil, and Crystallized musk.  On me it seems very "warm" and sweet.  I'm not typically a fan of musk, but it's barely detectable -- I mostly smell the Cardamom and especially the Jasmine.  Because it's so sweet and almost heavy, it won't be a daily go-to (I prefer light, citrusy scents) but will make an excellent evening choice.

That's all for now.  Feel free to leave any comments or questions, and thanks for stopping by!

All thoughts stated in this post are my own, honest opinions.  I have not been compensated to review these products, and all were purchased by me with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment