Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Inspired by Burgundy

I loved Kaley Cuoco's burgundy eyeshadow for the 2013 Emmys the other night. Gray, brown, and burgundy are such lovely autumn colors.


But who am I kidding - I couldn't pull off such a dramatic, graphic eye just walking to the post office! So I decided not to recreate the look exactly, but just take inspiration from it and come up with a more wearable design that I'd be comfortable in.
These photos aren't quite doing the depth of the colors justice - it was much more burgundy-red in person.  Also nevermind that one straight lash of mine... it consistently refuses to cooperate with me.  I used my Glimmersticks lip liner in Red Brick as a base over half the lid, then blended i-Mark shadows over the top in shades Chenille, Luster, Luvstruck, Plum Velvet, and Tabac.  I finished it off with a little black SuperSHOCK gel pencil and Mega Effects mascara.

That's all for now -- check back in on Thursday for a haul post!

No comments:

Post a Comment