Thursday, July 31, 2014

Avon Haul and First Impressions: Campaigns 15 & 16 2014

Hello again!  Just a small purchase this time around, but it's lovely!

Ultra Color Glossy Tube in Wine Shine
This gloss is a little thicker and stickier than the Ultra Glazewear that I'm used to, but I think that helps it to "stick" around longer (haha).  It's faintly scented like .... a coconut cookie?  It goes on a little sheer and looks like a glossy stain, if you know what I mean.  No shimmer or sparkle here.  The color is a beautiful deep cherry -- like a real, fresh sweet cherry.

Metallic Effects Nail Enamel in Gold Leaf
I think it's official: metals are in again for autumn and not going away anytime soon.  So here's one shade from Avon's new nail polish line (limited edition most likely!)  It's a light, neutral gold color, almost pale.

Avon claims:
"Ultra-reflective MIRROR-SHINE FINISH
FABULOUS FOIL-LOOK NAILS in easy-to-use polish!"

"Mirror" and "foil-look" are some pretty strong terms to use for this polish.  I would say that it's more of a pearly metallic look.  Beware this type of polish, because it can show every little brushstroke on the nail.  The below picture is two coats, no top coat:
I'm inspired to do some nail art with it -- maybe over a deep blue?

Sterling Silver Luxe Semi-Precious Necklace

I tried but failed to capture the beautiful rainbow of colors in this stone -- which turns out to be just quartz!  That's right -- Avon got this kind of sparkle from a piece of quartz!

"Genuine quartz with CZ accents. 1 1/2 carat quartz pendant. Sterling silver chain adjusts from 17" L to 19" L"


I can really appreciate this extender:
No bulky, hair-tangling chain like they typically use.  I'm assuming that's because this chain is sterling instead of a simple silvertone.  Love it!


Glimmering Colors Faceted Teardrop Pendant
Another brilliant beauty that my camera didn't fully capture.  This pendant is glass and came with a warning that it can break (duh!) if not handled properly.  Also, I would recommend not allowing the pendant to have too much friction with the chain or other metal objects, as the coating which gives the glass that beautiful rainbow sheen can be scratched off!  You can see what has happened to mine in one of the facets:
It reminds me of a piece off an old chandelier, which I find charming to no end!

That about wraps it up!  Thanks for reading -- and as always, your questions or comments are welcome either here or on any of my social media (links to the right)!

Note: I submit my Avon order every other campaign.  This means that I receive products from two campaigns at once, but half as often as the regular timetable.
All thoughts stated in this post are my own, honest opinions.  I have not been compensated to review these products, and all were purchased by me with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment