Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Avon Haul and First Impressions: Campaigns 17 & 18 2014

Curious about some of the new beauty items from Avon?  Keep reading!


Big & Daring Volume Mascara in Blackest Black
Avon's latest mascara promises "explosive volume"in a water-resistant formula with no clumps, smudges, or flakes.  I'm really liking the densely-bristled brush, although it's a bit big and fat for my small eyes.
On the left is my eye sans makeup, and on the right is one coat (upper lashes only) of mascara.  I'm very pleased with the definition and separation (I can't stand spider lashes!)  This is applied with just the wand -- no lash comb.  I'm sure I could build it up for an even greater effect, but I was happy with the results I got with one coat!
So far, it has lived up to the no clump/smudge/flake claim.  Not bad!
UPDATE: I should mention that this mascara is nearly impossible to remove!  Do not lose your patience when cleaning it off because you might clean off all your eyelashes in your frustration!  Another Avon Maven found that it came off easier if she got the mascara wet first.  I agree - now before I use eye makeup remover, I just splash a little warm water and give it a minute.  Most stubborn mascara ever!

Stardust Nail Enamel in Silver Crystals
I ordered this polish in Silver Crystals purely out of curiosity to see if it really was a lavender shade as depicted in the brochure's swatch.  Silver?  But purple?  Sure enough, it is not a pure silver color!

When I first pulled it out of its box, I was immediately reminded of my bottle of Brushed Metals in Lilac Quartz.  Here they are side-by-side:
Here is one coat of each (Silver Crystals is on my thumb):
While both formulas have that gritty, textured finish, the Stardust one is MUCH more so.  It is also more opaque, with larger pieces of glitter mixed into the finer sparkle.

Nail Enamel Caddy
I decided to get this clear caddy to help me use my polish on a more regular basis.  It will hold up to 15 standard Avon bottles, so I can pull a pretty selection from my [entirely too large] collection and keep it in a visible place instead of stashed away in the closet.  As the seasons or my mood changes, I can just swap out the colors in the caddy.
It seems pretty sturdy, and since it's transparent, it won't distract from the shades on display.  The little box on the end will work great for implements or maybe even a top and base coat.

Thanks for reading!  Questions?  Please ask me in the comments below!

Note: I submit my Avon order every other campaign.  This means that I receive products from two campaigns at once, but half as often as the regular timetable.
All thoughts stated in this post are my own, honest opinions.  I have not been compensated to review these products, and all were purchased by me with my own money.

2 comments:

  1. I Love that Stardust polish! I've been holding off on ordering any new makeup to see what we are getting in the next maven bundles... I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and order since there's no telling when we will actually get them, lol:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it's funny that you mention the bundle because just this morning I found myself looking at the calendar thinking, "Hmmm, they said early August and it's September..."
      The polish is very pretty, although the wear time is questionable since I can't stop playing with the texture! I need to post a pic of the half-mani I did with it the other day.

      Delete