Monday, September 29, 2014

Avon Haul and First Impressions: Campaigns 19 & 20 2014

Nothing new or earthshaking this time, but a few things on sale...


UV Gloss Guard Top Coat

I picked up another one of these since it was on sale and my old one is running out.  This is my current favorite top coat -- it is fast drying, glossy, the brush is easy to work with, and it doesn't dry out in the bottle like *ahem* another famous brand that has to be thinned when it gets low.

Gel Finish 7-in-1 Nail Enamel in Royal Vendetta

How did I miss this blue?  I know it's been around for a while.  I must have overlooked it after I had a not-so-sensational impression from the berry shade back when they first came out.  It's what I would describe as a deep denim color with maybe a hint of violet.  Remember that country blue that was so popular in homes in the early '90's?  It's like a deep version of that.  Application is a little streaky and at the same time "jelly-like" on the first coat, but a second coat fixes all that.

Mark. No Place to Run Eye Liners in Solid Gold and Indigo Girl

These were on sale so I decided to give them a try (again; these are reformulated since the last time I bought some).

Solid Gold leans on the bronze side and is a pretty metallic color.
Yes, they are plastic.  Yes, you sharpen them like a regular pencil.

Indgo Girl is a deep blue with a hint of fine blue shimmer.
The cap to these liners "snap" closed with a little "click" to help keep them from drying out.  Very important if you want them to last!

Here you can see their reflective effects a little better:

The swatches are still on my hand and they refuse to budge with any amount of rubbing!  However, they felt kind of waxy and hard when I applied them.  I would normally expect that kind of texture out of a long-wearing eye liner... that is, if I didn't already know about other products on the market.  Products like Avon's Always On-Point liners, which have excellent color payoff in a creamy formula that sets to the same budge-proof standard.  We have the technology!

That's all for now!  Thanks for stopping by and please comment below if you have any questions or suggestions!

Note: I submit my Avon order every other campaign.  This means that I receive products from two campaigns at once, but half as often as the regular timetable.
All thoughts stated in this post are my own, honest opinions.  I have not been compensated to review these products, and all were purchased by me with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment