Wednesday, September 10, 2014

First Impressions: New 8-in-1 Eye Shadow Palette in Not-So-Neutral

I did an in-between order (for me) and look what came in today:

8-in-1 Eye Shadow Palette in Not-So-Neutral
First of all, I have to mention the way this product was packed: inside a foam envelope, inside a bubble pocket, inside the box.  Good job, Avon!  This keeps our products in excellent shape during the rough delivery process.
Next, I was somewhat surprised at how small this palette is.  I mean, there's no indicator in the brochure about its size, but for some reason I was expecting it to be bigger.  Then again, it's not much different in size than the original 8-in-1 palette:
Left: the latest incarnation of the 8-in-1. Right: the old "old" 8-in-1 (before the True Color advancement).  The new palette strongly reminds me of the old Mark. snap to it palette cases for their [now discontinued] i-Mark shadows.  It's the same mostly-clear lid, skinny edge mirror, eight square pan style.  You get one dual-ended applicator now instead of two, which is an improvement in my opinion since now I don't have to worry about one falling out while I'm using the other. (Honestly, I'll probably take it out altogether since I prefer brushes over sponges!)

As you can see, the new one has a more diverse range of shades, including a plum and a charcoal.
On swatching, all of the shades feel soft to the touch, and I'd rate them all 'OK' or better.  There are four matte colors, one satin, one shimmer, and two metallics.  I was impressed with the smooth texture and pigmentation of the charcoal shade (bottom right). However, the matte plum and mid-tone brown shades were a bit lacking in payoff compared to the rest.  Swatches were done on bare skin, so I'm sure you can get an even better look over primer or pencil.

Overall, I really like this palette and I'm happy that it just found a new home in my travel makeup bag!

All thoughts stated in this post are my own, honest opinions.  I have not been compensated to review these products, and all were purchased by me with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment