Thursday, August 1, 2013

Avon Haul and First Impressions: Campaign 17 & 18

Note: I submit my Avon order every other campaign.  This means that I receive products from two campaigns at once, but half as often as the regular timetable.

In this order I received a few of the new products I talked about in my Sneak Peek posts for Campaigns 17 and 18, as well as a few established items.


First up: the new stuff, available in Campaigns 17 and 18!

Clearskin Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask
Heehee, my gimmicky product is here.  I'll update with a brief photo review soon, but for now I'll mention that it smells slightly 'medicinal' and it not only has salicylic acid, but also bentonite clay (which is a plus!).


Opal Top Coat
Yay -- it's here!  The little girl in me loves iridescent stuff and this bottle is just full of all sizes of iridescent flakes.  I can appreciate that one coat is enough to get quite a few flakes onto the nail, whereas in my experience, these kinds of polishes take a lot of "placing" flakes to get anything good to show up.

Brushed Metals Nail Enamel in Lilac Quartz

So much sparkle!  It's like a silver shimmer base with light pink microglitter.  As other reviewers have noted, this polish dries to a gritty texture.

Blue Escape for Her EDT Rollette

I love a mini fragrance - perfect for travel!  To me, this one smells 'green' and floral at first, drying down to a sweet, almost smoky musk.  It's not too heavy for my sensitive nose for even daytime wear.

Next: items that are already out (or even on clearance!) that I just "had to have."


Naturals Body Spray and Lotion in Raspberry & Hibiscus
The scent of the body spray reminds me very much of a raspberry shimmer body spritz that I had when I was a teenager...I think it was from Bath & Body Works.  I totally forgot all about that spritz until now!  I got these in a pair and I will be giving away the lotion as a gift, but keeping the spray for myself (I'm greedy like that).  It has a very light, sweet, almost plastic-y fruit scent that I otherwise probably wouldn't like except for all those memories...

Ideal Flawless BB Cream in Light
My current favorite foundation substitute!  I did a brief review of it in this post: Quick Avon BB Cream Photos.  I'm not out of my current tube yet, but since this was on sale I bought a backup.

Clearskin Pore Penetrating Scrub

I have used this gritty, refreshing scrub for literally years, all the way back in its previous life as a blue product in a larger tube.  It's too harsh, I think, to use every day, but about once a week...there's just something satisfying about scrubbing my face until it hurts.


Nailwear Pro+ in Cosmic Blue and Cosmic Nail Enamel in Saturn

Cosmic and cosmic!  Possibly two of my favorite colors right here in nail polish form...I've been eying that blue one ever since it came out.  I have some nail art ideas for these, coming up soon.

Eyeshadow Primer in Light Beige

Here's one of my clearance finds -- I think this is now unavailable for purchase on the Avon site.  I read so many good things about it from other makeup lovers that I finally decided to get it.  I may have tracked down and bought the very last pot.  My impression of this is that, first of all, a very tiny amount goes a long way!  It glides on smoothly and does have a sheer amount of coverage for evening out skin tone.  It's a little darker than my skin, but not noticeably so when blended out.

Always On Point Eye Liner in Lavender Grey

I'm starting to detect a pattern in my eye liner purchases: I like purple liner.  This one is a bit different than usual, and I think it's appropriately named.  The creamy formula is a medium-dark gray with a hint of light purple and pinky shimmer.  It almost reflects light as violet.  My little review of the On Point liner in Black is here.

Ultra Glazewear Lip Gloss Mini in Iced Pink
I used to have the full-size tube of the old formulation of Iced Pink and it was great.  This new one isn't much different -- same silky, non-sticky feel, same glossy shine and frosty pink shade.  The difference (that I can find) is that it goes on a little less sheer...which is perfectly fine with me!  I may end up buying the whole tube.

The SSS lotion will be a gift, so no review. :)

That's all for now!  Leave me a question or comment below!

All thoughts stated in this post are my own, honest opinions.  I have not been compensated to review these products, and all were purchased by me with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment