Sunday, June 9, 2013

Quick Avon BB Cream Photos

As promised, here are a couple pics of Avon's Beauty Balm Cream.

 


 As I mentioned in a previous post, I have flaky skin, hormonal redness, large pores, sensitive skin, and I'm sensitive to smells.  Finding a face product with some coverage is not an easy task, especially for the summer.  I hate the full-coverage "mask."  I want invisible foundation that doesn't smell, feels weightless on the skin, and doesn't completely hide my skin.  In the past, I've just mixed foundation with moisturizer for a home-made tint, but that can be tedious...and it still settles into my fine lines and even my pores.  Reverse freckles, much?

Basically, I am a hard-to-please customer.  Which is why I am so happy to have this product!

 

This is the lightest shade, in -- you guessed it -- Light.  A dab the size of a pea is just right to do my whole face, although I can build it up if needed.  It's very neutral in tone; not too pink nor too yellow.  I find that it blends best with my fingers, melting right into my skin.  I don't use a primer or powder with it (keeping it light-weight!) and I'm very happy with the staying power and the dewyness of it (it can be very dewy-looking, but not shimmery).


Here you can see before (left) and after (right).  No primer, concealer, or powder.  I love how it doesn't sit in my pores!  The coverage is sheer, slightly evening my skin tone around my nose and chin, but not blotting out my freckles.  The SPF 15 is a nice little bonus, too, although if I were planning on spending a lot of time in the sun, I'd use a sunscreen in addition to the BB cream.

That's all for now!  Questions or comments?  Post below!

No comments:

Post a Comment