Friday, June 7, 2013

Avon Haul and First Impressions: Campaign 13 & 14 2013

Note: I submit my Avon order every other campaign.  This means that I receive products from two campaigns at once, but half as often as the regular timetable.

Here's what showed up on my doorstep last night!


 The Shine Attract Mini Lip Gel pictured here is a gift for someone, so I won't be opening that.  Let's dig into the rest!

Avon Naturals Shower Gel in Mango & Papaya Nectar

I didn't take a special photograph of this one -- it's your typical Avon shower gel in the shower-hook bottle.  The gel itself is pearly-white and it smells very fresh and fruity -- like real fruit.  It just might be my favorite one yet.


Mark. Sheen Stealer Dry Body Oil Spray in Coconut Treat


I mentioned this oil back in my sneak peek post for this campaign, and here it is.  It smells very sweet, like sweet coconut and ... shea butter, almost?  I think that's supposed to be the hazelnut.  The oil sprays pretty evenly and dries to a non-greasy softness almost immediately.  Lasting power was around 4-6 hours for me.  I like that the cap snaps on really tightly, considering it's an oil and the last thing you want is for this to leak all over your anything while floating around in a bag.


Fiji EDT


When I saw this little gem I immediately thought of an old favorite of mine, Island Vibe EDT.  Island Vibe was discontinued a while back, sadly, and I've been looking for something similar to replace it since I'm almost out!  However, despite the similarity in appearance, Fiji is not much like the fresh fruitiness I was hoping for.  It reminds me strongly of Hawaiian Tropic sunblock.  I smell coconut and gardenia -- not bad, but somewhat 'tropical Barbie'-feeling.  Lasting power was a few hours.

Mark. Glossworks in Exhale


Enter another step in my unending quest to find that perfect, pale nude lip shade.  This gloss is somewhat sheer, peachy, and has lots of golden shimmer.  It feels a little sticky, almost waxy even.  Because it's not too slippery, it feels like it would last a somewhat longer than other glosses and not move around too much.  Pretty, "but I still ... haven't found ... what I'm looking for."

Big Color Eye Pencil in Lavender Mist




These eye pencils are so awesome.  I seem to pick one up with every order!  Lavender Mist is a rich lavender shade with pinkish, almost rose-gold shimmer.  Most of the time I like to use these as a base under other eyeshadow, but this one is gorgeous on its own and it would be a shame to cover it up.


Speed Dry+ in shades Cruisin' Coral and Mambo Melon; Megawatt Nail Enamel in Electric


Cruisin' Coral is a pretty peachy-pink polish with lots of golden sparkle -- not unlike Nailwear Pro+ in Sweet Pea Dream.  Mambo Melon was a surprise -- it's much brighter than I expected and it has a silvery pearl added to the creamy polish.  I cannot wait to put this one on -- it will be my next mani!  Electric is a nice bright orchid cream; I have heard that these apply matte.  (UPDATE: I wouldn't say it's matte, exactly; more like a satin-type finish.)

That's all for now!:)

All thoughts stated in this post are my own, honest opinions.  I have not been compensated to review these products, and all were purchased by me with my own money.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice haul! I ordered Cruisin' Coral so I'm waiting for that one to show up. But it's not as vibrant as I was hoping it would be. But I have Mambo Melon and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Cruisin' Coral definitely leans on the lighter side but it's a little more intense than the photo implies. I love the gold shimmer in it! Mambo Melon just blew my socks off when I took it out of the box -- I had no idea how fabulous it was going to be, lol!

      Delete