Friday, February 6, 2015

Avon Haul and First Impressions: Campaigns 21 & 22 2014

Hi there and thanks for tuning in once again!  I'm recapping my skipped purchases over the holidays... keep reading for more (including a big one not pictured)!


Avon Luck for Her EDT

The description for this elegant-looking fragrance is:
"dazzling notes [of] Sparkling Citrus and luscious red berries blended with creamy white florals and warm sandalwood"
The hubby described it as reminding him of Tootsie Rolls.  Haha!  I think it is very sweet-smelling, almost like candy (not picking up the Tootsie Roll factor, however).  There's a floral element, but it's not overpowering.  It's not very long-lasting, just pleasant for an afternoon.  It does kind of remind me of the Mark. Marrakesh fragrance that came out awhile back, although less warm and spicy.

I like how the bow stays on (don't try to pull it off!) and just the little cap is removable.


Bubble Bath Mini in Winter Rose
I don't usually get minis except for travel, but this time I thought that this was the perfect way to try a new scent without spending the money (and space) on a whole bottle. Personally, I think that Avon should do all their Naturals this way - minis of everything! ...well, that may be a bit excessive, but I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

I didn't know what to expect Winter Rose to smell like. A minty floral, maybe? Hard to imagine!  I purchased it purely out of curiosity, then when it arrived I wasn't satisfied with just a whiff from the bottle and had to take a whole bath (hence the half-empty bottle you see here) just to really find out.  It smells cool and pleasantly sweet, moderately rose-ish, but not strong at all and difficult to identify.  I like it, and if I took bubble baths all the time, it would be great for regular use since it's not very strongly-scented.


Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara in Black
I've heard much about this cult favorite Avon product -- many women swear by it.  Since it has been around for a long time (in Avon terms), I thought I'd give it a try.

First of all, the tube itself is pretty simple and straightforward - nothing fancy.  Same goes for the wand: it's a straight, traditional bristle brush that is an average size and not too large.  The formula seems wetter than most, but thankfully I didn't have any trouble with an excessive amount of product on the end of the brush -- a pet peeve of mine!
One coat gives minimal coverage and leaves the lashes soft and defined, although not at all very lengthened or volumized.  Good for the "no makeup look" but not so much for actually emphasizing my lashes!

Additionally, I find that this mascara is not at all "waterproof," easily running down my face with a splash of water.  What the heck?!


Glimmersticks Onyx Eye Liner in Cobalt Onyx

A simple black liner with fine blue glitter.  Kind of waxy and sheer, I give this one a miss.  Avon has better glimmersticks.  Not surprisingly, it's already in the Outlet.


7-in-1 Gel Finish Nail Enamel in Alaska
Alaska is a pale, dusty blue with just a tinge of green.  It has no shimmer and although the first coat can be a little streaky, a second one makes it opaque.  While a pastel color might be more fitting for springtime, the grey quality in this polish keeps it appropriate for autumn and winter.

I found the wear on this polish to be absolutely fantastic!  The last one I tried in Very Berry was anything but long-wearing -- not so with Alaska.  This has been my new favorite for wintertime, and thanks to the light color, I'm sure it will be a favorite well into the summer!


Mark. Eye Dream of Glam Eye Shadow Palette

16 shimmery shades of marbled goodness, served up for $40.  At first glance, $40 for an eyeshadow palette might seem a bit on the expensive side, but it's actually a good deal when you take into consideration the sheer size of these pans!
Just hold up a quarter to the screen.  If the pictured quarter is about life size for you, then that pan is about life size!

Here it is in the sun:

My camera failed to capture the brilliant sheen of these beautiful shadows.  But if you are waiting for swatches, you are going to have to keep waiting... I will be returning this.  Why?  Because when it arrived in all its giant glory, I realized what a giant mistake I had made.  I don't need this much eyeshadow!  I already have tons.  TONS.  Not that these colors aren't gorgeous -- they are.  I would recommend them to someone who has very little in the way of shadows, or is a collector.  Me?  I'm a recovering addict.

Eye Dream of Glam is no longer available for sale on the Mark. website.  You may still be able to purchase it from a rep who has it in stock.

So that's it for now!  Questions or comments?  Please leave 'em below!

Note: I submit my Avon order every other campaign.  This means that I receive products from two campaigns at once, but half as often as the regular timetable.
All thoughts stated in this post are my own, honest opinions.  I have not been compensated to review these products, and all were purchased by me with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment