Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Makeup Maven Prize Bundle #2!!

So my second box from the Makeup Maven contest arrived yesterday and I thought I'd show you what products came in it!

Products included:

Always On Point Eyeliner in Black
Totally Kissable Lip Gloss in Succulent Fuchsia
Avon Glow Blusher Bronzer Duo in Rose Glow
Big Color Eye Pencil in Aquamarine
Speed Dry Clear Top Coat
Long Distance Mascara + Serum in Black
Cosmic Eyeshadow in Celestial Taupe
Glimmersticks Cosmic Eyeliner in Purple Haze
Cosmic Nail Enamel in Celestial
Extra Lasting Lipstick in Endless Red 

Here are a few swatches:

Aquamarine
 I love these pencils.  Creamy, pigmented, longwearing.  Can't ask for much more... I already have this one in Sage, see this post.

  Purple Haze
The photo of this eyeliner doesn't do it justice -- it has pink and violet microglitter which really catch the light (but obviously don't photograph well).  The base color reminded me of my recent favorite, Nocturnal, so I got that out to do swatches side-by-side:




 Celestial Taupe
 The left pic is in natural light indoors, and the right one is outdoors in sunlight.  Top swatch is dry, bottom one is applied wet.  Some people have been saying that it's a dupe for Mac's Satin Taupe... I can't verify that since I don't have Satin Taupe, but I will say that this is a very pretty, wearable shade.

 Cosmic Nail Enamel in Celestial
When I saw this polish, I immediately remembered my Milani 3D in Cyberspace... I think these came out around the same time as TRON.  In person, the holo glitter is slightly larger in the Milani, and a little more blue. 


Here you can see both polishes swatched on the same nail, two coats, no topcoat/basecoat -- Milani on the left, Avon on the right.  Avon's Celestial has a tiny bit more coverage


That's all for now!  Leave any questions or comments you may have below!

No comments:

Post a Comment