Thursday, July 18, 2013

Product Sneak Peek! C21 2013

Campaign 21 has a slew of new beauty products - some of which, in my opinion, look great!  Others, not so much.  Hang on for the rollercoaster ahead....
Anew Skinvincible gets its official debut:
I voiced my initial feelings on this line in my previous Sneak Peek.

Ideal Flawless, Extralasting, and Magix all get new shades added to their lineup.
As a pale girl, I am especially happy to see a new lightest shade in the range.  Now to decide (with difficulty) which formulation I want to test... :)

I had heard that Avon would be coming out with a gel nail polish in the fall, so I assumed it would be the kind that is cured using a UV light.
However, this polish is actually a traditional nail varnish with a "gel-like" finish.  The idea is to have a mani that looks like gel but avoids the harmful effects of UV curing.  I have mixed feelings about this concept and I suspect that there will be underinformed customers who may be disappointed with the product.  I will post a review on one of these shades when I can get one in.  Which shade would you like to see me try?

Glimmersticks will have a new option - a dual-ended, twist-up eye liner!
This will be extremely useful for those of us who regularly use two shades of liner.  Avon has this product well-planned: the color choices are suitable to each other, the shades themselves are classic and not overly 'trendy,' and the ends have a band indicating which color is which.  Nice!

Next up is a cream eye shadow:
The basic shades are a purple, a pinky nude, a golden tan, and a blue.  Honestly, this just seems a little gimmicky for my taste.  I like colors, don't get me wrong, I just like them separate.

On to a more intriguing item: a mascara shield!
Now this I can use!  My deep-set eyes make it fiendishly difficult to apply mascara without getting it everywhere.  The best mascara wand I ever used was (surprise, surprise) an Avon one - SuperMagnify - and the brush was basically a stick.  Seriously:

(Since that mascara has long been discontinued, I kept the wand...but that is a story for another day).  Photo Credit: Avonconnects.co.uk

Last and least relevant:
How awesome are these shoes?!  They are fierce and feminine, and I would probably never wear them more than once.  I like to look at heels, but I love to wear flip-flops.

That's all for now!

3 comments:

  1. I hope we will also got all of this products :)
    I'm really interested in the new nail polish range since I love their polishes so I would suggest you to try Purpilicious or Very Berry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choices, MissDoll! I hope you get them too! I often gravitate toward the corals or blues so now I have way too many of those, lol. I will update with what I choose in my C-21-22 haul. As always, thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete