Thursday, July 4, 2013

Avon Haul and First Impressions: Campaign 15 & 16 2013

Note: I submit my Avon order every other campaign.  This means that I receive products from two campaigns at once, but half as often as the regular timetable.

Not a huge haul this time around and a little late (sorry!) but here's what showed up on my doorstep last night:


Opalescent Chain
I mentioned in this post that I wanted to see this chain in person, so I ordered it.  Let me tell you, it was really difficult to capture its true colors on camera!  And still, the picture above doesn't quite do it justice.  In construction, it's basically faceted plastic over iridescent crinkle wrap -- the kind you see on really fancy gift baskets.  Simple idea, but pretty.  I'm wearing it now as I type this -- it hangs to about my mid-bust.  I like it!

Advance Techniques Grey Root Touch-Up in Brunette
This isn't a demo -- I purchased it for me based on another Makeup Maven's recommendation as good for coloring sparse or light brows.  What a great idea, I thought!  So far, I'm still testing it out, but it looks promising!  The product is supposed to stay put until washed out and not flake.  I also have a few grey hairs that this will be handy to use on.  I'll let you know how it goes.
UPDATE: I find that this product does give my brows some oomph without being overly dramatic -- it darkens the lighter ones much like a mascara does for my lashes, but without being harsh.  I've had no flaking or rubbing off.  The scent is the same sweet, floral Advance Techniques scent used in the rest of the line, but it wears off gradually and isn't overbearing for me.  Used on my grey hairs, I find that it's more like a tint than an actual dye, making the grey hairs less visible but not completely gone.  Everything washes out in the shower.

Glimmersticks Eye Liner in Emerald
This is another item for me -- I've been debating whether or not to get this eyeliner for a while now.  After playing around with some green eye shadows a while back, I liked so much how it looked that I got this little gem!

Extralasting Eye Shadow Pencil in Shimmering Sand
"Shimmering" is just about right.  This pencil has a lot of pearly shimmer!  As you can see in the photo below, the shimmer reflects the light strongly at one angle but is actually a little dark at another angle.  Almost (very) metallic!


After I let it "set," I tried to rub it off and it stayed put nicely, although it did lose a little of the shimmer onto my fingertip.  I'll put the pencil to the test in Texas heat soon.

Naturals Body Spray in Mango & Papaya Nectar
I got this in the shower gel last order and I just loved the fresh, fruity scent so much, I had to have it as an all-day mist.  Yum, yum.

The lip balm pictured will be a freebie for a customer.

That's all for now!  Have a happy Independence Day!

All thoughts stated in this post are my own, honest opinions.  I have not been compensated to review these products, and all were purchased by me with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment