Thursday, July 25, 2013

Quick Nail of the Day

If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram then you know that I did a little experiment last night on my nails, taking inspiration from the Fall 2013 Rebecca Minkoff show.

I like how it turned out.. a lot better than my #manimonday, which needs to be relabeled to  #manimondayregret.  I also experimented with my natural lighting and location, which clearly still need some tweaking.  (Please let me know if you have any suggestions for ways I can do better!)
Please pardon my ragged cuticles -- I'm no pro and housework takes a toll on  my hands.
Products used: Avon Nailwear Pro in shades Aqua Fantasy, Tangtastic, Vintage Blue; Nailwear Pro+ in Honeydew, and Speed Dry+ in Cruisin' Coral.  Swirled and topped with UV Gloss Guard Top Coat (not pictured).  I'm reminded of summertime every time I see my nails.  Hope you enjoyed and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Heather, I quickly painted random little splotches of color all over the nail, then took a skinny paintbrush dipped in top coat and swished back and forth through the colors. I don't have a very steady hand, so that actually helped the effect by being a little shaky, haha! I'm going to try it again with different colors in the future -- it's not too difficult and almost mistake-proof. :)

      Delete