Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Makeup Maven Prize Bundle #4!

Note: I received the items mentioned in this post as part of a prize package for my placement in Avon's Makeup Maven contest in 2012.  All thoughts and opinions stated are my own!

I got an exciting package in the mail today!!  This is the fourth Makeup Maven bundle (only one left after this, so sad!) and it is a good one!
Before I get started, I'm going to mention that there is one more product that was intended to be sent to me in this bundle, but was left out by mistake.  Avon is currently working to resolve the problem (they have amazing customer service!), but I didn't want to wait to post this.  So when the last product comes in, I'll post it separately.  Onward!

True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Savage Beauty
This is part of Avon's limited edition fall collection for 2013.  I actually already have this quad and I love it.  The teal is matte and vivid, and the other shades are gorgeously wearable.  To see swatches, see my haul post here.

Ultra Color Lipstick in Crush
I really like how smooth and hydrating this new formula feels!  When I see a deep berry shade like this, I automatically think in the back of my mind that it's going to be drying and uncomfortable -- not so!  I didn't get a good photo of the color on my lips, but let me assure you, it's intense for this pale girl!  I will most likely wear it as a sheer stain for the fall.

Mark. On the Dot Lip Palette
I admired this little beauty in my last Sneak Peak post and now I get to see it in person.  It's very nice!  The lip brush is adorable although maybe not very functional -- it looks like a doll-sized eyeshadow brush.  I was in a hurry and didn't swatch these, but you can find swatches over at Shannon's blog here.

Gel Finish 7-in-1 Nail Enamel in Envy
This color has been described as "peacock green" and I couldn't agree more.  It's a pearly, deep forest green with a subtle blue iridescence to it -- so beautiful!  I have this polish in Very Berry and I've had mixed results with the lasting performance, although a few of the other Mavens have had great wear.  We've discussed it and I'm going to try a slightly different application technique to see if that makes the difference.

Glimmersticks Dual-Ended Eyeliner in The Classic
The picture and name pretty much tell all there is to know -- this is the same twist-up glimmerstick formula put into one space-saving stick.  Although, compared to the rest of my makeup, I don't know that an extra eyeliner pencil would really take up that much space...the originals are already fairly compact!

Cream Blush and Highlighter Duo
Alright, if you were wondering just how pale I really am, here's your indicator: the highlighter shade of this duo barely shows up on me (but trust me, there was plenty of product in that swatch!).  The blush side is a warm, peachy shade without any shimmer that I could see.  The highlighter definitely has some golden flecks of sparkle, but it's not overwhelming.  Both formulas are very creamy and easily blend out to a sheer wash of color -- emphasis on sheer.  This is a great product for those who may be new to cream blushes and might be afraid of going overboard.

Urban Splatter Nail Enamel in Blackout

I didn't photograph this one separately, but you can find my swatch of the blue one here.  They are very similar with the exception of the tinted base.


Perfect Eye Brow Kit in Deep Brown

I talked about this a little in my recent haul (same shade!).  Look out for a full review coming soon!

Wrapped in Velvet Eyeshadow Palette in Crushed Velvet

The gem that I didn't get to enjoy!  Hopefully it will be arriving soon.


That's all for now!  Questions or comments?  Leave them below!

2 comments: