Sunday, March 2, 2014

Catch-Up Post on Products from Campaigns 01-04 2014

Note: I submit my Avon order every other campaign.  This means that I receive products from two campaigns at once, but half as often as the regular timetable.

Warning: this is the post of a thousand bad pictures.  I decided to try taking pics on my phone instead of digging out my DSLR with the logic of, "This will be easier!"  ...Well, it is easier -- I just pay for that convenience in quality, a quality that I can't see on my phone's screen but is painfully obvious on my computer's.  That being said, onward!


mark. All Over Eye Shadow Brush

Soft, natural bristles cut into a slightly rounded shape make this brush a pleasure to use. It's a little pinched but not thin...and almost as wide as my eye (but I have small eyes).  It is good for dabbing on shadow across the lid and even for a little blending work, but for anything more detailed I find it to be just too big.

Ideal Flawless CC Cream in Light
You can find my comments about the CC cream in my last post about the final Makeup Maven bundle. I've been wearing it almost every day now and I'm happy with the results.  I don't know about any long-term benefits for my skin...pregnancy throws everything out of whack so what works now...may not later.  Right now I think of this product as a sunscreen (that doesn't get on my nerves) with a tiny bit of concealer mixed in. My goal isn't to look flawless -- just "better."

SuperExtend Mascara in Black
 Meh.  I think I am subconsciously determined to try every Avon mascara out there!  I had heard that this mascara was similar to the old discontinued Extralasting mascara (which I never got to try) but I don't think that this one is anything great.  It lengthens a little, but the separation that the rubber brush should provide kinda goes out the window due to the wet formula.
 As you can see [in this weirdly overexposed picture], half my lashes are sort of 'bonded' together. I could to fix this with a lash comb, but that's just another step I'd like to avoid.

Eye Dimensions Eye Shadow Trio in Sweetheart Plum

 Direct sunlight
 Indirect natural light
 I said this in a Facebook post and I'll say it again: HOLY SPARKLE FALLOUT BATMAN! Especially the middle shade. Watch out. The lightest shade in the trio is practically matte, with golden ... glitter? shimmer? tiny glitter in it that doesn't really show up on my eye. Thus, it is a great transition/highlight color. The darkest shade is a beautiful deep violet with purple pearly shimmer and is just lovely. You know brown-eyed girls and our love-hate relationship with purple shadow...this is a good one!  The middle shade has the most golden tiny glitter in it and is a sheer plum-purple with a kind of rose-gold shimmer in it. It almost has a duochrome quality. Love it!  Also, the glitter seems to be throughout the pan, not just on top like many cheap shadows out there.  Here's the surprising part: twice now I have slept in this makeup (shame on me!) and when I woke up in the morning, the sparkle was still on my lids!  No primer, no setting spray, just a light base of Big Color eye pencil in Vanilla.  For glitter to do that -- is pretty cool.

That's all for now!  Next week: Products from 2013 and a new C 5-6 haul!

All thoughts stated in this post are my own, honest opinions.  I have not been compensated to review these products, and all were purchased by me with my own money.

6 comments:

  1. Thank for warning me about this eye shadow. I wanted to get the brown one but probably now I won't.
    P.S. You should try mascara with the yellow packaging which is supposed to be upgraded and I love it. It has fake fibre in and it actually makes lashes longer whit out looking fake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! On the Avon warning note, are there any good Avon blogs you would recommend? I mostly see random reviews when beauty bloggers are sent products for PR review.
      I think I have that yellow tube mascara actually -- I remember trying it once and then never again -- I'll have to get it out and give it a second look. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Hi, I also can't find a lot of good blogs featuring Avon products regularly. Mostly girls publish Avon hauls or reviews once a month or even less. I follow Jo Stamey but I see you two already know each other

      Delete
    3. What a bummer! If you find one in the future, let me know -- I'll do the same.
      Jo is the one who originally inspired me to become active on the internet reviewing Avon products. I love her posts and videos!

      Delete
  2. I have to say I really didn't like the CC cream at first because of the coverage, but I'm trying to use up all of my makeup so I started wearing it to work and I feel like my skin has actually gotten smoother and a little more even since I've used it more regularly. And it doesn't make my skin look greasy like the BB cream did. This might actually become a work makeup staple for me:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have an excellent point about the greasiness. Even though I have dry skin, the BB cream just has that "dewiness" to it that can look oily! I'm so glad to hear that the CC cream is helping your skin! (Isn't it awesome to find products that really work?) I may have to start using it all over my face, lol :D

      Delete