Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Catch-Up Post on Products from Campaigns 23-26 2013

Note: I submit my Avon order every other campaign.  This means that I receive products from two campaigns at once, but half as often as the regular timetable.

What did I pick up from Avon in my blogger absence last year?   A bundle of sticks, apparently.


Extralasting Eye Shadow Pencils in Amethyst and Topaz Shimmer
After my initial purchase of the Shimmering Sands color back in July last year, I tweeted YouTuber Emilynoel83 about them and later she did a video praising them (so I know I'm not alone, lol).
When these babies went on sale again it took me three weeks and many hard looks at my growing makeup collection to talk myself out of ordering every single shade of them. I love the smooth way they blend, then set so that they don't budge, smudge, smear, or crease!  I finally settled on two colors that I knew I'd get lots of use from.

The Topaz actually has bronze microglitter in it, which gives the color a pretty sparkle without reading too much like glitter. Amethyst isn't very purple, but actually, I like it that way.  It kind of looks like a taupe-mauve on my lids.  A hint of purple is very wearable on its own for me.

Passion EDT Rollette

Passion came out in C-24. While I haven't ordered a full-sized bottle yet, I did receive a travel rollette as a Rep gift and I have to say, I love it.  As a person with a picky, finicky nose, this is huge!  The notes are described as "sparkling star fruit, sensual jasmine and alluring vanilla bourbon and creamy musk."  I enjoy it because it is rich but not too sweet...warm but not too spicy. The vanilla comes through well for me. I find that staying power is average, about 4-5 hours.  This is one that I have come back to again and again!

Big Color Diamonds Eye Pencil in Blue Starlight

I'm kind of disappointed.  The formula is not totally opaque, a dusky blue-gray with silver shimmer.  It doesn't set like my other Big Color pencils and continues to be slick and smudge-able.  The sparkle is pretty, I guess, and the name fits.  FYI: all the Big Color Eye Pencils are going bye-bye soon.  I don't know if this means that Avon is going to reformulate/repackage them, or if this is the last we'll see of this type of product.  I plan on stocking up on my favorites.

Always On Point Eye Liner in Midnight Navy
I have two other shades of the On Point eye liner, one in Black and one in Lavender Grey.  All three of these have excellent pigmentation and staying power.  In fact...if you want a temporary tattoo, try one of these.  There's pretty much zero blending time before they set to a waterproof, fadeproof, dish soap-proof, bold line that is going nowhere until you scrub it off with makeup remover.  Midnight Navy is a smoky charcoal with a tiny hint of navy blue pearl.  I wouldn't really consider it a navy liner -- more of a deep gray.

Glimmerstick Diamonds in Magenta Onyx
Avon calls these your basic black liners with a hint of colorful sparkle, and that's exactly what this one seems to be. The base is a typical black glimmerstick, smudgy and soft, with bright pink/fuchsia microglitter.  The sparkle isn't very noticeable on my lid, and from a distance, this liner just reads as a regular black line.

That's all for now!  What do you think of the Big Color Eye Pencils?  Will you be ordering backups since Avon is discontinuing them?

All thoughts stated in this post are my own, honest opinions.  I have not been compensated to review these products, and all were purchased by me with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment